Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Porch

Here's my front porch....

I love it! Can't wait for lazy summer days spent on that porch with my family & friends :)
It's so nice actually having a covered porch, our old house didn't have one.

Last weekend my hubby, my little dude & I took a day road trip to Smoot, Wyoming to pick up this sweet church pew!
The reason we made the 3 hour (6 hours total) trip is because my hubby's great grandpa built the church. How cool is that?! We've been wanting a church pew for our front porch & when we found one that his grandpa built & sat on for many years, we had to have it!

I love an antique, but even more, I love an antique with a story & meaning behind it!!




Bonus!
I spotted these lamps at the home we got the pew from. I had to ask if we could buy them, it was love at first site :)
We talked them down to $75 for both! They are beauts huh?! We just have to get cords & lamp shades for them. I'm having a hard time deciding on what type of shade would look good. These lamps (and our home) are 100 years old. Any idears on a lamp shade that would look good??


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!