Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lace & Bow Tee Tutorial


I've been super bored with my wardrobe lately, so I thought I'd give my boring tees a much needed uplift.
This shirt is great for Fall. Just add a cardi on top & you are set!

Want to make one?
Here's what you'll need:
Tee
Lace
Pins
Sewing Machine
Thread & needle

I had everything on hand, so total cost for me = FREE! :D


1- pin lace around your neckline

2- start sewing where the lace overlaps (this will be covered by a bow later on, not to worry.)

3- i am no seamstress, but i think it's 1/4" inseam. i just sewed on top of the seam that was already on my lace.

4- this is what your neckline will look like when you are done sewing the lace on.
super cute, but we can make it even cuter!

5- how about adding a bow? i think yes!
tie a bow with however long you'd like your tails to be. (i liked my longer)

6- place your bow on top of where your lace overlaps. and hand sew your bow on.

and you're DONE!



What do you think?
I love mine!

If you decide to make a tee, I'd love to see it! Send your Lace & Bow Tees to: mckellscloset@gmail.com

Have a Happy Friday :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

I ♥ your comments!